Apply for an Award of Science Excellence
Well done to all the schools who took part in the Awards during 2010 - 2011. Click here to see the award winners for 2011. Now it's time once more to prepare to take part in the Awards of Science & Maths Excellence during 2011 - 2012.
Read on below to learn more and make sure to download details of how the awards will work this year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Five Steps to meet the criteria ...
We had such a fantastic response to the new Awards of Science & Maths Excellence last year so a huge congratulations to all schools who received an award. This year, to allow you more flexibility in your application and to facilitate schools that have attained the Award in previous years to further their achievements and try something new, we have included a new step as part of the criteria.
Step five will see you do an activity based around this year's Science Week Theme The Chemistry of Life.
- Step 1 Prescribed activities This year schools applying for an award must provide evidence that more than one class in the school have been involved in Greenwave (logging the signs of Spring) AND completed 2 other hands-on activities relating to the Energy and Forces strand of the Science curriculum.
- Step 2 Visit a DPSM Discover Centre or invite a science speaker to your school.
- Step 3 Attend or hold a science event (e.g. a science day or evening in your school, a group from the school attending a Science
Week or Engineers Week event or the BT Young Scientist and Technology exhibition).
- Step 4 Maths Give three examples of how you integrated maths into your science work. This can include your own examples or the new maths extensions for DPSM activities - see the activities section for further information.
- Step 5– Science Week - Provide evidence that one or more class in the school have been involved in completing ONE activity relating to the Science Week 2011 theme – The Chemistry of Life – see the activities section for further information.
If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com
REMEMBER ALL LOG BOOKS MUST BE WITH DPSM BY
CLOSE OF BUSINESS APRIL 27th 2012!
Download details of the changes to the Awards for 2011 - 2012. [760 Kb PDF Document]