Apply for an Award of Science and Maths Excellence
Now it's time once more to prepare to take part in the Awards of Science & Maths Excellence during 2012 - 2013.
Read on below to learn more and make sure to download details of how the awards will work this year.Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
Five Steps to meet the criteria ...
We had such a fantastic response to the new Awards of Science & Maths Excellence last year so a huge congratulations to all schools who received an award.
- Step 1 – Greenwave and Maths: Watch for the signs of spring in your area by observing a minimum of one of the six common
species as listed on the www.greenwave.ie website and making at least one weather observation in your area.
- Step 2 – Prescribed activities and Maths: This year schools applying for an award must provide evidence that more than one class
in the school have been involved in 1 hands-on investigation relating to the Energy and Forces strand of the Science curriculum
and 1 hands-on investigation relating to the Materials strand of the Science curriculum and give at least one example of how you
integrated maths into each activity. The activities on this site will provide you with ideas for how to do this.
- Step 3 – Visit a DPSM Discover Centre or invite a science speaker or engineer to your school.
- Step 4 – Attend or hold a science event.
- Step 5 – Engineers Week: Complete an activity related to the theme for Engineers Week 2013. For ideas see the activities section.
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
REMEMBER ALL LOG BOOKS MUST BE WITH DPSM BY
CLOSE OF BUSINESS APRIL 26th 2013!
Download details of the Awards for 2012 - 2013. [1090 Kb PDF Document]