Accessibility InformationLast updated: August 2005
We are committed to making the information on this website accessible to all people. To this end we have designed the Discover Primary Science website to follows guidelines set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
In constructing the site, we have applied all WAI Priority 1, Priority 2 and Priority 3 criteria. The benefits of this include:
- Pages are fast to download, regardless of whether you are using broadband or a modem
- All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional ensuring that they work with a wide variety of browsers, old and new.
- This site uses only relative text sizes, allowing users to change font size easily using their browser.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the content of each page is still readable.
- All recent content images used in this site include descriptive ALT (i.e. alternative text) attributes. Certain decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
A note on the PDF document format
Some of the information on this website is available in PDF format to provide for easier reading and printing offline. However, PDF documents are not always accessible (except in the case of PDF documents created with the latest Adobe Acrobat software). Certain documents were created before this software was available.
PDF documents on this site require Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The accessibility of this site will be maintained on an ongoing basis. We will also closely monitor developments and changes in accessibility guidelines and general website best practice.
If you cannot fully access any information on a particular page, please email webmaster@[removethis]sfi.ie or write to the address below.
Discover Science & Engineering
c/o Science Foundation Ireland
Wilton Park House
Tel: + 353 1 607 3082
Fax: + 353 1 607 3260