Welcome to the updated Teachers section!
Discover Primary Science and Maths (DPSM) is the national programme, run by Science Foundation Ireland, to foster interest in science, technology engineering and maths amongst children in primary schools. Many schools contact us looking for help in delivering the science and maths curriculum in schools and making it more interesting, relevant and visual for their students. We hope to help with this and have been doing so for over 10 years. Since 2010 the programme has been run in conjunction with the European Space Education Resource Office (ESERO) Ireland which uses space to inspire and engage young people in science and technology in the world around them. The programme offers:
- Investigate the signs of Spring with our Greenwave resourcesCPD workshops and summer courses for teachers
- A framework for inquiry based science education and a Classroom Activity Teacher Planning Guide
- A website with classroom activities, resources and quarterly e-newsletters
- An Award of Science and Maths Excellence
- A network of Discover Centres offering DPSM accredited primary science and maths workshops and outreach programmes including, the Zoo, national parks, interpretive centres and marine education centres.
- DPSM introductory sessions with pre-service teachers in collaboration with the Colleges of Education
Call us on 01 607 3184 with your contact details and you will receive:
- A Wall Planner each September, information on applying for an Award of Science and Maths Excellence and a quarterly e-Newsletter.